The Sum Of Two Million Naira Was Meant For Entertainment Purposes – UI Student Leaders
RE:(INVESTIGATION): HOW ADELABU LARGESSE OF #2M WAS COLLECTED, SHARED, SPENT- PART ONE
We note with dismay unending attempt of some members of “Union of Campus Journalist” to denigrate, defame and bring into disrepute the hard earned personalities of some student leaders on campus.
It all started from erroneous reportage about suspensions of student executives on campus, and even when compromise have been reached and impeached or unjustly suspended executives have been reinstated either by deliberate actions or act of omission the self acclaimed guru in journalism withheld the news of their reinstatement because all they deem fit for public consumption is defaming news
News flew around of suspension of student leader even on the official website of the headquarters of journalism in the premier varsity but not a single whatsapp BC to reinstatements whether conditional or not.
These are the same set of “intellectual” jounalist that falsely reported hall leaders sharing politically facilitated ‘rice’ to residents of the hall and still hide behind their shells to give a public apology for misinformation
It is disheartening to note that this unrepentant set of propaganda machine have started making moves to jeopardize reputation of prestigious student leaders on campus on a supposed funds meant strictly for entertainment of attendees of an unplanned for event. Hence a need for public information.
1. It is noteworthy to state that no student leader facilitated Adelabu’s a popular politician coming into the University of Ibadan,
2. his coming to the university community was purely for campaign purposes,
4. during his visitation to the varsity, the sum of #250,000 each was promised for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES for those who voluntarily came to catch a glimpse of the politician
5. the party structure of the aspirant reasoned along with the concerned leaders on need to deploy some of the party structure (canvassers and agents) in some of the unreached halls through this fund and financed some political strategies (which will be best explained by them) to ensure victory for their candidate.
6. That the some of #150,000 was eventually disbursed to each hall visited by the politician with the trust that the student leaders involved should used their initiative to implement the kind of ENTERTAINMENT that they know will be suitable for the attendees.
7. That the disbursed fund was strictly followed up by the political structure and accounts of its use for entertainment purpose has been given to the same structure
8. That all the sources quoted in the defaming article released by the UCJ have expressed shock, dissatisfaction and disappointment in journalism skills of the UCJ and are also ready to use all legal means available to seek justice.
It is very alarming that under the guise of investigative journalism, the prestigious headquarter of all intellectual journalism which overtime is loosing relevance has stooped so low to deliberately misinform the public and get cheap media attention by a rather unprofessional write up by a supposed press man within the UCJ.
It’s is noteworthy that certain members of the UCJ who were not present as at the time of the money been promised under the guise of “investigative journalism” have lobbied for juicy cuts but denied by the student leaders and hence resort to cheap media assaults.
For posterity purpose, the defamed student leaders and jurisdiction represented has resorted to seeking both internal and and external legal mechanisms to ensure that this anomaly is corrected and never repeated and justice done in no time
*_fiat justitia ruat caelum_*